Family Sponsorship

  • Spousal/ Common- Law Partner/ Conjugal Partner Sponsorship
  • In-Canada Spousal/ Common-Law Partner Sponsorship
  • Open Spousal Work Permit
  • Dependent children sponsorship
  • Adopted children sponsorship
  • Parents and Grandparents (PGP) Sponsorship
  • Other relative/ Lonely Canadian

Family reunification is a primary objective of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Canada is committed to keeping families together. If you are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is at least 18 years old, you may be eligible to sponsor certain family members to Canada. You must be able to prove that you can support your family members financially and sign an undertaking (legal promise) to do so.

If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada.

To Sponsor your Parents and Grandparents (PGP), first submit the interest to sponsor form and once you’re invited to submit a complete application, you can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada.

For that you must be able to support them financially and make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government. After sponsoring your family member, you must support your relative financially when they arrive be able to meet basic needs for yourself and your relative, such as:

  • Food
  • Shelter
  • Clothing
  • Make sure your relative doesn’t need social assistance