Visitor Visa and Super Visa

  • eTA application
  • Visitor visa application
  • Application for extension of visa
  • Change of status
  • Super Visa Application
  • Business Visa

Canada welcomes more than 20 million visitors annually, and most travelers need either an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) which is popularly known as Tourist Visa or Visitor Visa to enter Canada for vacation, family visit, short term study, or some business trips. You can apply for a visitor visa online or submit a paper application.

At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.

If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer for one. If you arrive at an airport that uses primary inspection kiosks, ask the border officer after you finish at the kiosk

If you are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident (PR) then you may be eligible for a parent/grandparent Super Visa. This is a 10-year multiple entry visa that may allow eligible parents/grandparents to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. This differs from a visitor visa where the maximum length of stay is generally 6 months

You can extend your stay, invite business visitors, or reunite with your family members.